Hope everyone had a great weekend! Gonna be posting something a little different today – My own homemade recipe 🙂
I’ve been really into Indo Chinese food lately and every time I go to their restaurant, I gotta order a Veggie Fried Rice! Since I love it so much, I decided to try my own fried rice recipe at home. It turned out so well, looks amazing, and tastes extremely delicious! If you’re looking for a simple dish to add to your healthy diet plan, veggie fried rice is the perfect dish to cook at home for less calories, better health, more nutrition, and an awesome taste!
I would like to share my recipe with you all!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
You should be ready to eat the fried rice in less than an hour, it’s that simple 🙂
Let’s start out with the ingredients:
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Asofetida for flavor
- 4-5 Coriander leaves
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 potato, finely chopped
- 1 bowl of white Basmati rice (make sure its cooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3-4 spoons vegetable oil
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- First cut a small piece of ginger and finely chop a 1/2 a carrot, potato, and green pepper. Wash the veggies and set it aside for later use.
- Cook about 1 cup of Basmati white rice and set that aside in a bowl as well
- First heat 3-4 spoons of vegetable oil in the pan.
- As the oil sizzles, add all the chopped veggies that were kept aside and saute for about 5 minutes
- Add 1/2 spoon salt into the saute veggies
- Stir fry the veggies until they become half cooked (don’t overcook the veggies) and transparent
- Add the bowl of cooked Basmati Rice to the stir fry of veggies and gently mix them for about 5-7 minutes
- As you mix the rice and the vegetables together, add another half spoon salt and half spoon black pepper
- Add 1 teaspoon of soy and chili sauce and gently mix for another 5 minutes
- At the end, finish it off with a few cilantro leaves and few sprinkles of asafetida for flavor
The vegetable fried rice is now ready to be served!
Feel free to try my recipe and you should have a delicious meal for lunch or dinner 🙂
More recipes coming up soon!
Until next time,
4 Comments Add yours
This fried rice sounds so yummy, Will try this for sure ! 😊
Thank you and yes you def should try it 🙂
What a mouthwatering fried Rice Maha!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Sandhya! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person