Hey lovelies! ❤
Hope you’re having a wonderful week! There aren’t many updates about my life but I did cut my hair short again. I had pretty long hair but wanted to cut it about shoulder length which I did and straightened it at the salon. Love the new look so far, hoping to post a pic of it soon 🙂
So, today’s post will be another recipe one in which I will be providing step by step instructions on how to make a very yummy, mouth watering Indian snack called Pani Puri! This type of snack is found in every Indian restaurant and even sold on the lively streets of different parts of India!
For those of you who are unaware of this dish, Pani Puri’s are basically a round hollow crisp puri used with a mix of fillings which consist of flavored water and various veggies as well as Indian spices! I will be showing you how to make this amazing snack at home in less than 30 min 🙂 I love Pani Puri as well as every single Indian person out there & it’s actually really enjoyable to snack on this delightful dish!
I actually bought a package of the crisp hollow filled puri’s along with the Pani powder which you can get at any local Indian store.
- 1/2 or 1 Tomato
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 small piece of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 spoons of Tamarind Chutney (which you can get in any Indian store)
- 1/2 cup of Chickpeas (We call chaana in India)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Chilly Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Salt
Preparation Time: 30 min
Difficulty Level: Easy
1. First you have to soak the chickpeas overnight. Then once it’s soaked, cook it in a pressure cooker for about 30 min so that it boils. Keep that aside once it has been boiled
2. Then finely cut, 1/2 or 1 tomato, 1 ginger, and a piece of garlic, and 1 small onion into small pieces. Mix them together in a bowl and add a few cilantro leaves. Also, add 2 1/2 teaspoons of chilly powder and 1 1/2 tablespoon of salt to give it a more spicy flavor. Finish it off with a few sprinkles of asofoetida. Keep the mixture aside for later use.
3. Using the readymade pani powder that they had provided along with the puri’s, add the power to a container and add some water to create a tasty liquid pani
4. Take about 5 puri’s (even more if you like) and slightly tap the puri to make a small hole in the middle for each puri.
5. For each puri, add a spoon of chickpeas, and veggie mixture (from part 2), 1 spoon of tamarind chutney, and the pani.
6. The pani puri’s are now ready to be served for a delicious afternoon or evening snack 🙂
It’s such a yummy and easy recipe to make and hope all of you guys try this at home sometime! 🙂
Hoping to post more recipes of mine in the near future! Hope you all enjoyed this post and until next time,
Let’s connect on social media ❤
Instagram: The Beyoutiful Blog