Hello my blog fam 💜
How’s everyone’s week been?! Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. Just have been pretty busy with work and personal stuff but I’ll try to be more active in the blogging world 🙂
So I’ve been focusing more on self-care and took the time to revamp my bedroom and reorganize a few things in my house. Ever since I started working on some self-care projects, I’ve been so motivated and inspired to get going on some organization and DIY which I will share with you all very soon on my blog so stay tuned 😊
Ok, as I mentioned that I’m focusing more on different aspects of my life, I’ve been trying out newer healthy recipes because I gotta say that health is wealth! I’ve been on a restricted diet for the past 7 years and have been trying out some other recipes to improve my general well being over time.
This is actually my mom’s recipe but I tried making this homemade almond milkshake (also called Badam Kheer) this weekend and apparently, it came out so well! It was just delicious and this is def my go-to recipe for a summer drink 🙂 It’s healthy and is a really good thirst quencher 👌 This can also be considered a creamy dessert that can be made for festive occasions.
- About 30-40 raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 3 cups of organic milk
- 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Total time to make the milkshake: 40 min
Difficulty Level: Easy
Part 1: Preparing the almond mixture/paste
- First wash the almonds thoroughly and soak about 30-40 (1 cup) raw almonds in hot water for 12-15 hours and set it in the refrigerator to quicken the process
- After 15 hours, peel off the outer skin of the almonds
- Grind the peeled almonds in the blender for about 7 min for a fine paste
- Add 1 cup milk to loosen the mixture
- Since we used 1 cup of raw almonds, we have to add 1 cup sugar to the mixture
- Set this aside
Part 2 – Making the Almond Milkshake
1. Boil 2 cups of milk on a medium flame. Keep stirring often and keep reducing the flame as the milk reduces a bit
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar to the milk and keep stirring for 7 min until the sugar completely dissolves
3. Once the sugar completely dissolves, add the almond mixture/paste to this and continue to boil in low flame for about 5 min. Keep stirring until the new mixture bubbles and turns into a liquid form (not a tight paste).
4. Once it has simmered down, top it off with cashews if you like and a few strands of saffron.
Voila, you have a healthy almond milkshake that you can treat yourself to on a hot summer day or can prepare for any occasion!
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe and please do let me know if you try this soon 🙂 Would love to have your feedback ❤️
What are your fave healthy recipes? Let me know in the comments below 💜
Until next time,
Let’s connect on social media ❤
Instagram: The Beyoutiful Blog