Hello my lovely blog friends!
Hope you all are having a fantastic November so far! It’s been a while since I’ve written a new blog post. Sorry I’ve been so MIA lately. Had some personal things to take care of and have been focusing on self-care and self-growth lately but now it feels good to be active in the blogosphere again! I’m def keeping up with everyone’s posts and have been reading so many interesting ones which is awesome, so keep it up guys 😘
I’ve been keeping in touch with my blog friends on IG and updated my posts there, so if we haven’t connected yet, please feel to follow me to get my latest updates here on Beyoutiful. Will def follow back ❤️
So for those of you who don’t know, I’m an Indian American. I was born in the East Coast but my parent’s are Indian (from South India) and I love following the Indian culture and the traditional activities. The past few months have been pretty hectic due to several Hindu cultural occasions. In October, we had a festival called Navaratri where Indian ladies celebrate the importance of all the Hindi Goddesses for about 10 days. I wanted to share with you all a gorgeous sari that I wore this lovely occasion.
Here is my Navaratri OOTD :
- Wearing this beautiful party sari which is actually like red-pinkish color with gold polka dots but looks a bit diff in color due to lighting issues
2. Wore this really pretty red jhumkhas and this simple yet cute necklace to match my sari. My mom got me the necklace from India and got the jhumkhas from this mela I went to in VA which was only $10!!
3. I always have to get my nails done to match my outfits so I painted my nails with a base color of red and just added a subtle touch of gold glitter to the bottom parts of the nail to give it an elegant nail art design.
So this was my Navaratri Outfit. Another festival came up in Mid Oct which is the famous festival of lights, Diwali 🙂 I love this occasion where you can dress up as much as you want, light diyas, and eat a lot of sweets and Indian food. Just a lively and fun filled occasion.
Here is my Diwali OOTD:
1. I got to wear this really pretty blue and golden color salwar attire that I bought a couple of years ago. Haven’t worn it for a long time so thought that I could style my look with this outfit. Just absolutely love this blue and gold color combination 💙💛
2. Matched it up with blue and gold jhumkhas and bangles. Oh my, just look those vibrant colors 😍
3. I love doing DIY esp for special occasions like Diwali so my mom gave me these really creative ideas for lighting lamps and diyas to brighten up our lovely living room.
Aren’t they just gorgeous?!! Def gotta thank my Mother for these ideas and will share these DIY with you all in an upcoming post 🙂
4. So, henna is so popular and is def a must for occasions like Diwali. I love doing Mehendi and I bought a herbal henna cone and did my own henna! I’m a beginner at it and def no way near a professional but I really love how it came out 🙂 What do you guys think? Do you guys like it? Here is the before and then the after 💜
I had a really fun and great time celebrating these festivals with my family & friends! I’m sad it’s all over but I’m hoping that I can do some more exciting stuff for next year’s Navaratri and Diwali 🙂
I really hope you liked my outfits and enjoyed this post 💕 Let me know what you guys think, feedback is always appreciated 😀
I’m hoping to write more interesting posts in the next couple of months so stay tuned 🙂
Until next time,
Let’s connect on social media ❤
Instagram: The Beyoutiful Blog